During the 7th Annual ACC Users Group Conference September 21-24, 2015, Cofimco technical director Mr. Nicola Romano, gave the presentation “WIND LOADS ON FAN BLADES & BLADE DYNAMICS”
Here below a short abstract on relative conclusions:
- Wind can dramatically increase the dynamic load acting on the blades.
- The dynamic load gets transmitted to the bridge increasing the vibration level, up to nearly 3 times the nominal value in the conditions simulated in this report (120 rpm,WS=25 m/s)
- For the above reasons, the loads and stress on the drive chain components can reach up to three times the nominal level (in the conditions simulated in this report)
- The flow rate can be largely reduced by the wind (up to nearly 50% the nominal value in the conditions simulated in this report , 120 rpm,WS=25 m/s)
- Great advantages in terms of vibration mitigation and drive chain stress reduction can be achieved using the 35F blade equipped with embedded friction-based damper.